- Incorporation of Warees Investments Pte Ltd, previously the property development, a department of
- First Serviced Apartment
Completion of Wakaf Bencoolen, marked as a landmark innovative mixed development project. The former
Bencoolen Mosque was redeveloped, and incorporated into a a 3-storey commercial space and a 12-storey
service apartment tower managed by Ascott Limited. The value of the wakaf appreciated from SGD800,000 to
more than SGD71 million in under 10 years.
- First Cluster Housing Concept Development
Completion of Chancery Residence, a 34-unit townhouse endowment project which benefited the YAL Saif
Trust. Its investment proceeds of SGD400,000 was disbursed to self-help group, Yayasan Mendaki.
- First Sukuk
Wakaf Bencoolen won a Regional Award for the category Regional Continuing Contribution to Islamic Finance at the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Islamic Finance Awards for its Islamic Sukuk financing model.
- First Major Asset Migration Project
The purchase of 11 Beach Road building was a classic example of the first asset migration of 43 low
yielding wakaf to high yielding wakaf. The purchase requires financing and it was decided Islamic
financing in the form of Musyarakah Bond, the first Islamic Bond in Singapore.
- An-Nahdhah Mosque, located in Bishan new estate, the sixth mosque built under Phase III of the Mosque Building and Mendaki (MBMF) programme, clinched an award at the 3rd SIA-Design Excellence Award (Gold).
- First Baitulmal Asset Enhancement Residential
Completion of Heritage Residences at 101 Lorong L Telok Kurau, a freehold condominium development
consisting of 19 units.
- First Mosque with Major Architectural Award Outside of
Assyafaah Mosque in Sembawang conferred a winner at the 8th SIA-Architectural Design Award.
- Official Launch of Singapore Islamic Hub at Braddell Road, also
known as the hub of the community. The significant landmark development consist of Muhajirin Mosque,
Madrasah Al-Irsyad Al-Islamiah and Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (Muis) headquarters.
- First Green Mark Certified Mosque
Al-Mawaddah Mosque, conceptualised as the first family friendly mosque in Singapore, won a Building
Construction Authority (BCA) Universal Design Award and Construction Excellence Award. It also became the
first place of worship to achieve Green Mark certification.
- Completion of Stillz Residence – Warees’ first residential
development comprising twenty five (25) 2 bedroom units and 3 bedroom penthouse units. This 5 storey
freehold development is situated in the eastern part of Singapore between Still Road and Lorong 108 Changi
- First Indian Muslim Heritage Centre
Completion of restoration work of Indian/Muslim shrine, Nagore Dargah. Constructed between 1827 and 1830,
the national monument is now also an Indian/Muslim Heritage Centre first in the world.
- First Wakaf Revitalisation Scheme Project (WRS)
Inaugural Launch of The Red House, the newest integrated heritage development situated within Katong’s
most historical district. The Red House, which will be retained as a bakery, is part of Wakaf Sheriffa
Zain Alsharoff, is a 42-unit residential development and 5 retail shophhouses.
- Signing ceremony of the Institutional Investments Initiative (3I). Five mosques agree to inject their reserves into the Red House wakaf development project under the 3I where they can expect returns up to 2.1 percent annually.
- Launch of Phase 1 of development of Wakaf Al-Huda which will involve enhancement work to Al-Huda Mosque and the construction of a prestigious residential project in District 10.
- Launch of Singapore’s first Islamic endowment development on a villa concept – Alias Villas, an innovative way of unlocking the value of wakaf assets in the context of urban living.
- In April 2015, completion of upgrading works at Al Ansar Mosque, despite total redevelopment, the minaret was retained and now serves both as mosque’s symbol and a new lift shaft. The mosque won MIPIM Asia Silver Award for Best Refurbished Building.
- Official opening of Punggol’s Al Islah Mosque on 5 June 2015. The project won SIA Architectural Design for Institutional Building Category in October 2015.
- Completion of WRS Project – Red House Development at 63 East Coast Road.
- ISO9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004, organisational certification for quality real estate development and
management of community endowments & institutional assets.
- bizSAFE level 3 certification to fulfil the requirement stated in the Workplace Safety and Health
(Risk Management) Regulations and Approved Code of Practice in Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Risk
- Maarof Mosque, the 70th Mosque in Singapore located in Jurong West was officially opened in August 2016.
- Singapore’s 71st mosque – Yusof Ishak Mosque located in Woodlands was officially opened in April 2017.The name was chosen after Singapore’s first president as a tribute to Yusof Ishak’s contribution and legacy.
- The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) conferred the BCA Universal Design Award to Al Falah Mosque which bagged the top honour Platinum Award, while Darul Ghufran won the Gold Award.